Donation of Artefacts to the National Anzac Centre
The National Anzac Centre collection is carefully curated by the Western Australian Musuem and as such we do not directly accept donations of artefacts. If you have an enquiry about donating to the National Anzac Centre collection we recommend getting in contact with the Western Australian Musuem.
Donation of Artefacts to the Princess Royal Fortress
The Curator accepts appointments regarding donations on Friday afternoons between 2pm and 4pm. Curator appointments are only available for enquiries relating to donations to the Princess Royal Fortress. To arrange an appointment please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 6820 3513. Booking an appointment is essential as the Curator is not available for walk-ins. Enquiries that are not related to donations should be directed to email@example.com. We have provided some guidelines below which may assist with your donation enquiry:
- Unfortunately we are unable to accept everything that is offered to us. We have particular collecting priorities, and some areas of our collection are already well developed. If we already hold good examples of an object we are unlikely to accept more.
- We cannot accept material where current ownership is unknown or might be disputed.
- We strongly recommend you talk with your family before you offer material to the Princess Royal Fortress. Their wishes may need to be considered before you proceed.
- A donation is finalised by the donor signing a Transfer of Ownership Agreement. This is a legal document that transfers ownership of the item to the Princess Royal Fortress. Once a donation is finalised, it cannot be returned.
Below is a checklist of questions you will be asked by the curator before an appointment can be scheduled:
- Can you describe the item?
- Do you know who it relates to?
- Are there any stories related to it? Why do you think the Museum is the most appropriate place for your item?
- Where did you get it?
- Can you confirm you are the legal owner, and would be happy to transfer permanent legal ownership to the Princess Royal Fortress Military Museum?
- If you have multiple items, can you describe the number or volume of the material?
- Can you provide a digital image of it?